Happy Tuesday guys!!
Few days ago your girl got nominated for the Liebster award. I know you are asking yourself what on earth this but then wait a minute I will tell you because here we teach other things. Fun fact I didn’t know too till I got nominated and I went to research.
This is an award that only exists online and it is given to bloggers by fellow bloggers. It is a chance to be discovered and connected to other bloggers out there.
RULES FOR THE AWARD
I have only been blogging consistently for the last few months and I am honored that there are actually people who believe in me. Thank you Liza, thank you Vivian. I will forever be grateful. Also, I am sorry this will be long because I got two nominations and I have decided to answer all the questions so here we go.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the questions given to you.
- Share eleven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
- Notify your nominees once you’ve uploaded your post.
ANSWERS TO LIZA’S QUESTIONS
Would you rather the truth or dare?
Truth any day, dares scare the hell out of me or let’s just say I hate not knowing what I will be asked to do.
Of the wonders of the world, which one fascinates you the most?
Great pyramid of Giza located in Egypt. Long story short I just want to go Egypt.
If you were an animal, which one would you be and why?
I have never really thought of it but now that you’ve asked I would want to be a giraffe and just make majestic walks through the park as humans take out their phones and cameras to capture that beauty.
Who do you look up to and why?
As I write this right now right here, Biko Zulu. I want to one day write and move people with my writing the way he does.
Which is the one movie you would watch over and over again.
Three idiots any day.
Beach or safari?
Safari on the beach hahaha! Anyway I have done quite a number of safaris and I would do them over and over again. I love the vibe that safaris bring. Anyway, during this lock down period I have been craving the beach.
What’s one thing you wish you knew earlier?
It is okay to be vulnerable. Vulnerability is not a sign of weakness it is just a way of expressing yourself. So, if you ever feel the need to be just go ahead the people you think will judge you don’t really care.
What’s your favorite quote?
‘The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt
What’s something someone said and it hurt you most and did you forgive them?
There is this one time I thought I had a relationship with someone and when I reached out to ask why he was consistently behaving the way he was, he said ours was a sensual relationship and I haven’t been mad like I was in that moment. Have I forgiven them? I don’t know all I can say is I have moved on.
What’s one thing you love most about yourself?
I am always ready to learn something new or just listen to people speak about things that I didn’t know before. Let’s just say new ideas/ perspectives excite me.
If you could change your gender only ones, would you?
Hahaha yes only to try out everything Beyonce said in ‘If I were a boy’ song and also because that other gender shocks me at times.
11 FACTS ABOUT ME
- I write everything. I am always writing things on my notebook since I forget a lot and I always want to go back and crosscheck.
- I am a lover. Yaani when I love someone or something, I do give it my all.
- I am an emotional wreck. I cry when good things happen and when bad ones happen too.
- When I meet someone for the first time, I am always too shy.
- I love travel and random drives.
- Sunsets and sunrises make me so happy especially from destinations I have not been to before.
- I love books.
- Little things in this life make me happy. Someone might just hold my hand or send a simple text and my day will be made.
- Photography makes me happy. I hope to learn how to take good photos soon.
- I love Kizomba
- I do dream of being paid to travel and write.
ANSWERS TO VIVIAN’S QUESTIONS
How are you, really?
I am fine though on some days I am not sure but I am doing really well
What are you proud of?
Starting off #BrokenSeries I did not know I would ever get to speak about it few stories in and the feedback has been amazing.
What weird things do you do to fall asleep?
Listening to podcasts with my eyes closed
Which book have you read and loved recently
I am still reading Homegoing by Yhaa Ghasi. I wish I read it earlier.
What’s your challenging aspect in writing/blogging in general?
Aligning my thoughts and doubting every piece I work on. I struggle with this so much.
What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
Do you baby the world doesn’t care.
Are you finding time to read or even write during this season?
Honestly, I haven’t. I am currently reading a book I bought just before this lockdown started in March
It seems like everyone right now is raving about ‘Insecure’ season 4, have you watched it?
I have and just to put it out there I don’t like how things turned out between Issa and Lawrence. I am not even mad.
Would you purchase anything online, especially right now?
Piece of art YES!
5 things you want to tell the police?
- When you shoot an innocent person, how do you sleep at night.
- Do you ever think of their families?
- Must it always end in violence
- What happened to arresting people if they break the law and let justice prevail
- People deserve better.
What else do you wish I’d ask about?
Hahahaha! What I want for my birthday this year.
QUESTIONS TO MY NOMINEES
- Are you Happy?
- How has Isolation been for you?
- One mantra you live by?
- What advice would you give to your 19 year old self
- When this is over where/what are you doing first?
- Your guilty pleasure
- How is adulting for you? How are you coping?
- How has your quarantine routine been like?
- Are you a night owl/ a morning person
- Dream destination?
- Do you have any insecurities? How do you deal with them.
I know this was long but I am sorry I had to. I can’t wait to read all your responses and just like Liza said this would be a perfect opportunity to make a comeback if you have been away for a while.
Thank you for always passing by
Till next time, be awesome.